Thursday, July 24, 2008

Links!!

I've been trying out new recipes from around the blogosphere for a while now, and I just had to share a few of the links with you!

Super Easy CrockPot Lasagna - Sweet mercy, this is probably the best lasagna cooking method ever! The CrockPot Lady isn't kidding when she says it really works. Here's what I did differently... I doubled up on the sauce, added a pound of ground turkey, and substituted monterey jack cheese instead of mozzarella because I'm a doofus and bought the wrong kind (it was also cheaper at our Wal Mart). I also left out the hard-boiled eggs because I didn't want SuperDad to have to go to the hospital with a bad case of anaphylactic shock. It was REALLY REALLY tasty, though! I had a good bit of leftover sauce and spinach, so I added the spinach to the sauce, cooked it down, and canned it in a large jar. We'll be having that with some spaghetti later in the week. (Edited to add: if you make it this way, you'll need to watch to make sure the edges don't burn... not sure what I'm doing wrong, but the last several times I've made this in the crockpot, it burns around the edges, even if I turn it off earlier than you're supposed to. Everyone has been complaining, so I need to find a better way to do this one. Maybe I'll just buy frozen lasagnas and see how they like that? LOL)

Really yummy biscuits - Shannon posted this recipe as a Works-for-Me-Wednesday a long time ago, and I've been making them ever since. They really are good, and you can serve them for breakfast with jam (or honey!), or with your favorite meal. They're sweet, but not too sweet to have with a meatloaf, you know?

Penne with Shrimp - I found this in the Pioneer Woman Cooks archives and had to try it! We've modified it a little... we add broccoli and make extra sauce. We all love this one! (Note to self: add to menu plan for next month.) Also really good if you substitute chicken for the shrimp and add spinach instead of broccoli.

If this site doesn't make you want to go out and buy supplies to make your own cheese, nothing will. I SO want to make some fresh mozzarella... yum.

No comments: